I’m so pleased to say this is the second time I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award – this time by the lovely Claire at BrizzleLass Books (see her post here). Definitely check out her blog as there are some fab reviews on there (and reviews posted really regularly too). Lots of genres and post types are covered, so check her blog out!
So, there’s a whole new set of questions to answer (and there are some great questions there!), so here goes…
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
- What book first got you into reading?
It was the ‘Adventure’ (The Island of Adventure, The Castle of Adventure etc) books by Enid Blyton. My mum would take me to the library and we’d get out the maximum amount you could at a time, and they’d mostly be books by Enid Blyton at first – then plenty of others followers!
- If you could be transported to one bookish world what would it be?
The first thing that popped into my head was the world in The Power, because who wouldn’t want to at least try living in a world where women are the more ‘powerful’ sex? But that book is pretty damn scary at times so I think I’ll go with the world in Mad by Chloe Esposito; though there’s plenty of danger it sounds entertaning. Alvie is fun, there’s plenty of glamour and exciting (though crazy) occurrences, and I’ve always wanted to go to Sicily!
- Describe your perfect book
It’s hard to do that because I love so many genres. But anything well written without being pretentious or hard work, without too much cheesiness or predictability, does it for me! I can’t resist an original thriller/ crime novel but I’m also a sucker for well-crafted romance! Recently I loved Close Enough to Touch for being able to achieve this romance without cheesiness, and I’ve read a lot of brilliant crime and/or thriller novels, including The Secrets She Keeps , Sweet Little Lies and The Child.
- What is your favourite quote?
I don’t really have a particularly favourite as there are lots of great quotes (can you see from this post that I’m a pretty indecisive person!). I think I’ll pick “Fiction is the truth inside the lie.” ― Stephen King.
- What makes you laugh out loud?
Dry humour and some farcical situations really entertains me in books. In real life most of my friends and boyfriend make me laugh all the time. When I’m being particularly hilarious I make myself laugh too… 😉
- Should we visit your hometown? Why (not)?
My hometown is Peterborough but for this answer I’m going with where I live currently which is Norwich. And seeing as I work for VisitNorwich, the reasons are endless – definitely visit! Beautiful architecture, packed with history, nearby coast (which is beautiful) and the Broads, amazing restaurants and cool shops, it used to be England’s second city… the list could go on!
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
I HOPE I’d be described as caring and energetic, and I think people would also say I’m a bit of a worrier…
- If you could go anywhere in the world where and why?
I want to go EVERYWHERE. I love travelling! I’m off to Malaysia in September which I’m so excited about, but also on my list are: Japan, New Zealand, New York, Indonesia, Canada and many, many more!
- What is top of your bucket list?
Travel plays the key part in my bucket list so see above answers! But I’d also love to live in London at some point in my life, at least for a little while, and I’d love to see a real life moneky/organuatan (hopefully that’ll happen in Malaysia!!)
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life which would you choose?
Ooh tricky. I think I would have to pick crime/thrillers…
- Which Game of Thrones character are you?
No idea who I’d be but my favourite character is Tyrion Lannister!
I’ll try to pick some people that I don’t think have been tagged a million times before etc… so there won’t be 11 but anyone who fancies doing it, please do – and let me know when you’ve posted your answers as I’d love to see them!
(…apologies, some are tricky – I think!)
- If you had to pick a literary character to marry/ enter into a civil partnership with, who would it be?
- What instantly puts you off a book?
- If you had to pick – favourite 3 authors?
- Most-read series?
- Tea or coffee whilst reading – or neither?
- If you could only eat one food ‘cuisine’ for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Ebooks or paper books?
- What do you do with books you don”t want to keep? Give them to friends, charity shops, sell them….etc?
- Favourite book/s of 2017 so far?
- Favourite genre?
- Favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?