Thanks to Jo over at Jo’s Book Blog for tagging me in this really interesting tag!
1) The best book you’ve read so far this year?
2) Your favourite sequel this year?
3) A new release that you haven’t read yet but really want to?
4) Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
5) Your biggest disappointment?
6) Biggest surprise of the year?
Mad by Chloe Esposito – I didn’t expect this to be as funny as it was, it really made me laugh!
7) Favourite new to you or debut author?
Gail Honeyman – I loved Eleanor Oliphant… and I will definitely be reading any future books she releases!
8) Your new fiction crush?
Michael from The Summer of Impossible Things – he’s lovely! 😉
9) New favourite character
I know this book is coming up a lot, but Alvie from Mad is quite awful but so much fun to read about! She really doesn’t give a.f. and I found her very entertaining!
10) A book that made you cry?
Definitely This Love by Dani Atkins – very emotional!
11) A book that made you happy?
I have to say, with the amount of crime I read, I don’t always have a lot of ‘happy’ books to read. But I did think Standard Deviation was a great read, despite having its sad moments – it was subtly funny and the narrator, Graham, told the story in a great way.
12) Your favourite book to movie adaptation that you’ve seen this year?
I don’t think I’ve actually seen any book to film adaptations this year! Oh dear. However I did rewatch Gone Girl, which I thought was a fantastic film adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel. David Fincher did a fantastic job of directing this film and I loved it.
13) Favourite book post you’ve published this year?
14) The most beautiful book you have bought/received this year?
My mum bought me a copy of Foxlowe and the gold detail on the cover is just beautiful! I haven’t read it yet but am looking forward to starting it!
15) What are some books that you need to read by the end of the year?
I’m tagging in: anyone else who fancies doing it – this way I’m not tagging in people that have already done it, but whoever does it, please let me know as I’d love to see your answers!