I was nominated for this award by the lovely Inge over at The Belgian Reviewer – thanks so much for the nomination, and go check out her blog if you haven’t already!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
The rules by Okoto Enigma are:
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME
Okay, I’ve kind of done more than 3… woops.
- I’m half Iranian on my dad’s side, a leftie and a New Year’s Baby (1 January!) – which is a really annoying birthday as it gets lost amongst Christmas and, usually, New Year’s! (Those are three things I can’t change even if I wanted to, so I grouped them together!)
- Following on from one of Inge’s points, I also find myself often arriving early to things or ready really early. I don’t mind other people being late as long as they LET ME KNOW. I HATE waiting around for people when they can’t be bothered to let me know that they’ll be late. It only takes a text nowadays!
- I love cute, funny dogs and cats but I love travelling too much to get a pet, because I’d like to be able to spontaneously go away if I wanted without a second’s thought (never actually happens but still!)
MY ANSWERS TO INGE’S QUESTIONS
- If I were to kill you, what would be your favorite way of getting offed? (the weird/quirky question people ;-)) In a vat of chocolate / peanut butter/ some kind of food (this isn’t meant to be kinky…!).
- What’s your favourite kind of blog post to read? I really like reading hauls and ‘to read’ lists because you get a whole load of ideas for books to read in one post! They always make my own TBR list grow much bigger…!
- What’s your best blogging tip for writing a good review? Sometimes I feel at a bit of a loss on where to start with some books, but I always think if there were any strong feelings that the story created in me, and whether I identified with the characters… and it usually flows from there! Always good to mention whether you liked the writing style too. Changes with each book though, of course!
- If I would go to one blogger event, which one do I really need to attend? I don’t really know as I’m in Norwich and never get to go to those events as, although I definitely could make a trip to London (where most events seem to be) or to another big city, I’d have to fit it in around work. Definitely doable though! Also I’d like to arrange to meet people there as I’m rubbish at ‘networking’ / small talk and it’s no fun turning up to stuff completely on your own, so it’s nice to know that you’ve got someone to meet up with there! So I’ll be reading other people’s recommendations with interest – I’m a bit useless on this one…
- If there was no other way, would you choose being blind or being deaf? Deaf – nothing can stop me reading! I know there’s always audio books but I much prefer reading myself; I struggle to really get into audiobooks most of the time.
I’m sure many of you will already have been nominated (I won’t nominate anyone I saw that Inge nominated, of course) and don’t feel you have to do the tag if you are…
- Jill – Jill’s Book Cafe
- Cleo – Cleopatra Loves Books
- Lorraine – The Book Review Café
- Nikola & Elizabeth – Breathing Through Pages
- Chelsea – The Suspense is Thrilling Me
- Dee – Novel Delights
- Nicola – Short Book & Scribes
- Mairead – Swirl and Thread
- Emma – Damp Pebbles
- Joanne – My Chestnut Reading Tree
DON’T FORGET… FOLLOW ME ON: INSTAGRAM @SNAZZY_STUFF_ / GOODREADS LAURA / AND TWITTER @LAURANAZMDEH!
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What’s your favourite genre to read from?
- If you had to pick only one favourite publisher to read from for the rest of your life, which would it be? (This is tricky, I know!)
- Is there anything about a book that instantly puts you off?
- How do you decide what to read next? Do you go by publication dates or just what you fancy – or a bit of both?
- What do you do if you’ve accepted a book for review and you really don’t like it? Would you still publish the review?
Anyone else who fancies doing the tag please feel free and let me know your answers; I’d love to see!