Here’s a round-up of my most ‘Excited To Read‘ book list. Some of them I don’t actually own yet, a few of them I do sitting in my huge ‘To-Read’ pile, but all are books I’m really looking forward to reading (at some point) this year!
There’s quite a mix of genres here and release dates – some have been published for years whilst some are new or upcoming releases!
- How To Be A Woman – Caitlyn Moran: I’ve heard so much about this one; though it’s been out a few years now it’s still on my ‘To-Read’ list. A friend of mine is currently reading it and said it’s brilliant so it’s one I’m excited to read!
- Snowblind – Ragnar Jónasson: This looks like a really interesting novel by an author I’ve never read before but which looks like a beautifully written crime novel. Plus it’s translated from Icelandic and I really want to read more novels in translation!
- The Children Act – Ian McEwan: New release from fanastic author Ian McEwan. I have this on my bookshelf waiting to be read and I’m really looking forward to reviewing it!
- Black Eyed Susans – Julia Heaberlin: Described as “an electrifying novel of stunning psychological suspense“, this looks complex and intruging!
- A Game For All The Family – Sophie Hannah: I LOVE Sophie Hannah’s novels, especially her Simon Serrailer series (I can never guess the twists but enjoy trying!). However this is a new, stand-alone novel which has had some great reviews from fellow bloggers!
- A God In Ruins – Kate Atkinson: So excited about this- it’s a ‘companion’ to the wonderfully written Life After Life and sees the focus turn to Ursula’s little brother, Teddy.
- The Book Of You- Claire Kendal: I got a hardback copy of this from the wonderful NewBooks magazine (subscribers get to pick from a selection of books each issue completely free- you just pay P&P!) and it’s been on my shelf since. I always want to start reading it but other books keep cropping up. I’m determined to get around to reading it soon though as it looks great!
- The Day We Disappeared – Lucy Robinson: This looks like an interesting story of secrets and friendship that has had some great reviews!
- The Wicked Girls – Alex Marwood: Another book I’ve had on my bookshelf and wanted to start reading for ages! My mum lent me this and said it’s well worth a read, and I trust her judgement!
- The Bees – Laline Paull: This is described as ‘The Handmaid’s Tale meets The Hunger Games‘ – sounds interesting!
- The Art of Crash Landing – Melissa DeCarlo: This is on my ‘To-Read’ list and is one that will be read soon and reviewed, as I have a copy from Netgalley. Looks like it’s got mystery and family history all tied together.
- After You – JoJo Moyes: The sequel to one of my favourite ever books, Me Before You! So excited for this one- it’s not out until September though…
- Paper Towns – John Green: Well, the film’s coming out soon and I love reading books then seeing how they’ve translated to the big screen (and whether they’ve been done well, or very badly!)
This list certainly isn’t exhaustive, and are just the main books I could think of right now!
What’s on your ‘Excited to Read’ list? Any recommendations?